Home / Uncategorized / WSOP Event #27: End of Day 1

Tuesday’s reading:
Losin’ o’ the Green
Spiro makes final table
WSOP Event #27 Photo Gallery
Oh, Mercy Mercy Me
New week at the Rio
WSOP Event #27 begins

There was a rumor circulating through the Rio that this monsterous $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em tournamet would only be a two-day event. For those who haven’t spent any time around here, let’s be clear: Killing off all but nine of more than 2,100 players in one day is all but impossible. It could happen, but there would be a sunrise involved. And as my two-year-old kid likes to say, “Sunshine…bright…eyes…”

You get the point.

Fortunately, my favorite floorman in the world (formerly my favorite dealer in the world), Steve, confirmed that this would be a three-day event. More than one hundred players remain as we head into Day 2.

PokerStars player Loserswin somehow found a way to make his name more fitting. He won, but he lost. That is, he made it into the money, but didn’t last until Day 2. Other members of the PokerStars community made it through to see another day. Micon (10,700), SamENole (11,500), and grtstprtyevr (17,000) all survived and will play Day 2 starting tomorrow at 2pm. The chipleader in the event, Josh Ronin, currently sits on more than 117,000. Blinds start on Tuesday at 800/1600/200.

Photo copyright Rob Gracie - IMPDI
grtstprtyevr

Photo copyright Rob Gracie - IMPDI
SamENole

Wednesday will another group of PokerStars players entering the fray in a $1,500 PL Hold’em event. We’ll be back to cover that crew and keep tab on our remaining Event #27 players.

Until then, keep that sunshine out of your eyes.

Study Poker with Pokerstars Learn, practice with the PokerStars app