Thursday, 28th March 2024 15:46
Home / Uncategorized / Introducing Showtime Hold’em

Hot on the heels of Split Hold’em we are launching Showtime Hold’em – another new cash game format designed to get players questioning their strategy and thinking outside of the box.

As I mentioned in my previous blog post, we are focused on developing exciting twists on classic games that we think have the potential to both engage current poker players and bring back those who may have drifted away from the game as it became predictable or stale for them.

Showtime Hold’em will be extremely easy to grasp for anybody familiar with No Limit Hold’em. It is, in fact, the same game with one small but significant change. When you fold, your cards are shown face up to your opponents and will remain that way for the rest of the hand!

Will conservative players be forced to loosen up to avoid being labelled as nits? Will aggressive players still be able to represent strong hands with multiple cards exposed? Will you keep bluffing the opponent folding big hands… until they catch on?

Testing the game internally was a lot of fun and I’m confident that Showtime Hold’em will provide loads of exciting moments as new dynamics emerge and players learn to play with more and more information as a hand develops. As with Split Hold’em, this game will not be a permanent addition to the PokerStars offering so play while you can!

We will continue to use the Seat Me system which means that when taking your seat at a Showtime Hold’em table, instead of manually choosing a table and a seat, you simply choose the stake that you want to play. For more information on Seat Me please see this previous blog post.

Dan Price, Ring Games Manager

Study Poker with Pokerstars Learn, practice with the PokerStars app